- This event has passed.
Ignite the Spark: The Welder Experience
July 14, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
Ready to start your welding career?
We’ve got the perfect first step.
Join us for our third Ignite the Spark event on Saturday, July 14 from 9am-4pm.
You’ll get the full Ready Arc experience, and learn everything you need to know about starting your career as a welder.
Limited seating available. Register early!
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Informal classroom sessions: Overview of the welding trade, Ready Arc curriculum and expert instructor introductions, career options …and more!
- Presentation from Apprenticeship NB showing how Ready Arc fits into the provincial apprenticeship program.
- Presentation outlining all available funding options.
- Chats with previous Ready Arc grads
- Safety, theory and practical session to complete a simple take-home welding project, with practice and welding time in the Ready Arc shop
- Lunch, drinks, coffee and snacks provided
- Prizes throughout the day, plus our Grand Prize Draw at the event closing.
IMPORTANT SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
- Participants must bring CSA-approved work boots for activities in the Ready Arc shop. All other safety equipment will be provided as required
- Waiver sign-off by the participant (or parent/guardian) required
- Please let us know if you plan to bring a parent or family member with you for the welcome/information session portion at the beginning of the event.
- Please note that we will reach out to confirm your attendance during the week of the event.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
Participants must either be a high school graduate (or GED equivalent) OR graduating in 2018.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Feel free to call us at (506) 696-6336 or email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn’t match the person who attends?
No, your personal registration information is only applicable/valid for your attendance.