Ready Arc Training and Testing is New Brunswick’s only recognized Private Welding School. We offer only the very best training, getting you into the workforce sooner and better prepared for the job.
Certified top-notch instructors and state-of-the-art facilities provide the best hands-on program there is. If you’re serious about connecting to a career in welding, we’ll get you there!
“One of the great things about the welding trade and all the career paths that it brings is that welding is really everywhere. Welding appears in everything from the cars we drive, to ships, to aircrafts, to infrastructure, to consumer goods – and everything in between.” - Craig Martin, VP Public Safety for CWB (Canadian Welding Bureau)
- It is both a skill AND an ART. Build something you can be proud of, with your own hands
- You can travel. Welding jobs are EVERYWHERE
- There are endless career options. In almost every industry, from cruise lines to pipelines
Recipe for a Good Welder
Do you enjoy…
- Working with your hands?
- Creating/building things?
- Solving problems?
- Being active?
- Working with people?
Opportunities are broad and vary depending on the employer/project
- Custom Fabrication (work from blueprints, deadline-driven)
- Manufacturing (on an assembly line)
- Infrastructure (on single large projects for long time periods)
To name a few…
- Iron Workers
- Oilfields & Pipelines
- Wages vary depending on industry, experience and education/certification level
- Takes time and effort
- Anywhere from $16-$20/hr starting as an apprentice
- We’ve seen Red Seal Journeymen make as much as $300k/year!
420 Hours of Class Time
- Blueprint Reading For Welders
- Math for Welders
- Welding Theory:
- Basic Weld Joints
- Weld Types & Faults
- Basic Shop & Welding Safety
- WHMIS, Hazardous Materials & Fire Protection
- Materials Handling
- SMAW, GMAW, FCAW
- Metal Identification
- Production & Properties of Metal
- Wire Feed Welding
- Filler Metals & Feeders
- Heat Treatment
- Mild Steel Electrodes
- Arc Air Gouging
- Plasma Cutting & Gouging
Graduate ready to write block one exam as an apprentice welder, with 900 hours towards your first year apprenticeship
480 Hours of Practical Time
- Shop Safety
- Power Tools
- Arc Gouging/Cutting
- Ironworker Operation
- Horizontal Bandsaw
- Shield Metal Arc Welding
- Flux Core Arc Welding (Fillet, Butt & Groove Welds)
Graduate with the Following Tickets (min):
- 1 - F3B Plate Test (4 Position)
- 1 - F3A Pipe Test (6 G Position)
- 1 - F3/F4A Pipe Test (6 G Position)
Opportunities to train in additional procedures (with early completion of minimum requirements)
- CWB FCAW (4 Positions)
- CWB SMAW (4 Positions)
- Registration Fee $300 (Non-refundable)
- All classes are 35 hours per week, running from 8am to 4pm (with 30-minute lunch break)